Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas Break

Christmas Break 


I hope you take the opportunity to enjoy and relax with your families over break.  I would also like to encourage you to continue to practice rhyming words, upper and lower case letter recognition, letter sound recognition, syllables, counting and number recognition.  Preschool will be completing the winter IGDIs testing for 4 year old preschool students the week of January 24.  We will be assessing rhyming, picture naming, which one doesn't belong, sound identification, and alliteration.  Alliteration will be new this time around.  For alliteration, we will be asking students to find the picture that starts with the sound that I say.  For example there may be a picture of a fox and a dog on a page and I will say, which picture starts with the sound fffff and they will need to point to or say that picture.  I am so excited to see the growth we have made and want to make sure that they practice over break to prevent losing any skills.  :)  If you have any questions regarding the testing, please let me know.

Please enjoy pictures of our cookie decorating: 
















No comments:

Post a Comment