What We've Been Learning:
Whole Group Learning:
Read it Again: We are reading the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. The objectives for our learning are: to recognize print carries meaning and to distinguish print from pictures, to understand and use words which describe things and actions (adjectives and adverbs)-our focus was color words, to identify when two words share a rhyming pattern (bee, see, and knee), and to identify and describe the setting and characters in our story.
Incredible Flexible You: We are reading the book Body in the Group. This story helps students learn about where their body is in relation to the group. They learn that it is important to stay with the group. In our classroom, when it is time for us to have our whole group learning time, it is important that all of our bodies are in a group on the carpet. When we walk out to recess, it is important that our bodies are in the group when we walk in a line.
We also read a story titled This is the Way We Go To School and then created a graph to show the way our preschool friends get to school each day. We then analyzed the data and made comparisons.
Small Group Learning:
- Incredible Flexible You: We played a game called "Body in the Group" in which we had a dance party while the music played and had to freeze when the music stopped. Once it stopped we observed where our bodies were in the group. Were we too close to each other? Were we too far away from each other? Were our bodies in the group?
- Science: We made predictions and tested our ideas on the different types of items that would roll down a ramp. We graphed our results on a yes/no chart
- Math: We graphed how we get to school and then analyzed the data. Which one had the most, which one had the least, which ones were the same, how many more did one have than another, etc.
- Jolly Phonics: Tt
Blocks: Duplo blocks
Dramatic Play: Our students voted and they chose.....Camping!
Sensory Table: Macaroni
Art: Easel Painting
Discovery: Sensory bottles
Writing center: Fall Words
Letters informing you of your student's scores on IGDIs will be sent home soon. Please review your student's scores and let me know if you have any questions.
Remember: PJ Day Thursday for Preschool Class Distinction Day and Blue and Gold Day Friday. Go Bobcats!
UPCOMING FIELD TRIP:Thursday, Oct. 13, both AM and PM preschool classes will be attending a field trip to Bloomsbury Farm in Atkins. Preschool students will be transported by bus. Parents are welcome to attend, but will need to meet us there and pay an entry fee. Here are the details:
- Morning class will leave at 8:30 and return at 11:00
- Afternoon class will leave at 12:30 and return at 3:00
- Normal preschool busing transportation to and from school will be provided.
- Students may arrive at school at their normal classroom times and will be dismissed at regular times as well.
Please enjoy pictures of our learning!
We love our Bobcat families bulletin board and so do our preschoolers!
Dot Day Activities!
Working on our Jolly Phonics! A says aaaaaa!
Practicing writing the letter a.
Making binoculars for safari day