Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Meet the Teachers!

Meet Your Teachers!  

Mrs. Benton

I graduated in 1996 from Iowa State University with a degree in early childhood education with a pk-k special education endorsement.  I began my teaching career in Belle Plaine in an early childhood special education classroom.  Over the 6 years I taught in Belle Plaine, I also taught preschool and Prep Kindergarten.  I then took off some time to raise my children; Cole (a senior this year), Gabe ( a freshman), and Rachel (6th grade).  When my youngest entered kindergarten, I served as a substitute teacher in grades preschool-8th grade to include Art, P.E., TAG and Music.  During this time, I obtained a K-8 Reading Endorsement through Morningside College.  In 2014-15, I taught Kindergarten on a half time basis at Dysart-Geneseo Elementary due to increased enrollment.  The past two school years, I have been here in Keystone, teaching preschool for Benton Community.

In my free time, I enjoy reading, walking, and attending my children's activities.  My husband, Tony and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in December.  I have a shih tzu named Lilly and a cat named Tiger.       

I love working with preschool aged students and am always in awe of things they say and do.  The growth our preschoolers make in a year's time is amazing and I am excited to be a part of it.  

Mrs. Mehlert

This is my 4th year working in the Preschool classroom for Benton Community. I grew up as a Bobcat and I am very happy to be back as a part of the school. I am originally from Atkins but recently moved to Keystone last August with my husband and two children. Katherine is 3 already and will be attending our 4 year old Preschool program next year. We added a new baby boy to the family in June (Noah). Big sister is adjusting pretty well to her new baby brother.

I'm excited to see some familiar faces from our 3 year old program and lots of new ones. Let's make it a great year!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment