Thursday, November 19, 2015

Exciting news!

I am sharing this exciting sight I had the pleasure to witness in our art center this week at preschool.  You may remember in our Math lessons, we have been learning about different ways numbers are represented and one of those ways was tally marks.  Check out what students were busy working on during center time on Tuesday.




I witnessed several students making tally marks and discussing how many they had in their groups.  Notice how they correctly "closed the gate" with the 5th tally marks!  This is in preschool!  I had one student draw two sets of 5 tally marks and come and show me and say, "There's five and five, that makes ten".  I was super excited about this because, having taught Kindergarten last year, I know that this is something that we worked in in Kindergarten and to see our preschoolers grasp it and apply it was thrilling to me.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment